This page lists all changes of the Soft2base releases.
Soft2base 3.0 (released 2012-10-25)
This is a major update focusing on the stability of the interface:
- Select All/Unselect All visible applications
- Display icons next to filter captions
- Enhanced display when enlarging the window
- Added a scroll bar in the language select box
- New logo
- Smoother display of the applications list
- The progress bar of the installation is blue to differentiate it from the download ones (green). (Vista+ only)
- Enhanced GUI code for a better GUI experience
- Log entry when an application requires another one
- New applications: FlashPlayer for IE, TortoiseSVN
Soft2base 2.1 (released 2012-09-14)
This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:
- Soft2base GUI now in German and Portugues Brazil
- 31 languages are available during the application setup.
- More parallel downloads by default.
- Added an animation during the application installation.
- The Next button now offers to quit Soft2base after the installations
- New dependency link between applications
- Enhanced auto-update
- More accurate log information
- Existing versions are displayed without [a-z] characters.
- The profil menu is disabled when installing
- More applications: TrueCrypt, EasyBCD, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Movie Maker
Soft2base 2.0 (released 2012-04-02)
This version is a major update. The following major new features were added:
- Compare applications version (older, same, new, newest) to ease upgrades
- Parallel downloads of setup files
- First application ready First installed
- The "Silent install" mode now supports 19 languages
- Save / Load list of applications in profiles
- Advanced configuration stored in a custom ini file (soft2base.ini by default)
- The executable and the application catalog are managed separately
- Applications are stored dynamically by category
- Dynamic GUI language selection (En/Fr/It)
In addition, the following items were improved:
- The USB/offline modes
- The Silent mode for Soft2base itself